- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound white mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 starchy potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or dry white wine
- 1 quart chicken stock or poaching liquid
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 cups pulled or diced cooked, poached chicken
- Puff pastry sheets
- Egg wash, for pastry
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat EVOO in a large deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat; add butter. When it foams, add mushrooms and brown 7-8 minutes. Add thyme, carrots, potato, shallots and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, partially covered 4-5 minutes more to soften; sprinkle flour over pan and stir 1 minute. Add sherry or wine and stir to reduce by half. Add stock and simmer to thicken 5 minutes. Add Worcestershire, Dijon, peas, chicken and heat through. Add more stock if too thick. Reduce heat to low.
Place pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet and wash with egg. Bake until golden. Cut the pastry to fit bowls to serve pot pies in individual portions.
Serve filling in bowls topped with pastry crust.
*If making ahead, make filling completely and cool. On the night you want to serve, heat the filling and bake off puff pastry tops.