Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup beer (lager not dark)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs or ground Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup Franks RedHot sauce or 3 tablespoons Tabasco
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika, a palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel, 1/3 palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander, 1/2 palmful
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
Preheat oven to 350F.
Heat skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add celery, onions, peppers and garlic. Cook to tender, 10 minutes, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Deglaze with beer and reduce 1 minute, then remove from heat and cool.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl moisten bread or cracker crumbs with hot sauce and vegetables. Add egg and meat to bowl, season with salt and pepper, paprika, fennel, coriander and mix to combine. Form a loaf about 4 inches high on baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake 1 hour or until cooked through and golden on top.
Pure tomatoes and chilies in food processor or blender, and then place in small pot and heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes alongside. Spoon tomato sauce over meatloaf and garnish with scallions.