- 2 cups finely ground cake scraps or cookies
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted, plus extra for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dark rum
In a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, or by hand, mix together the cake
scraps, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla and nuts.
Stir in the 2 tablespoons of honey and the rum. Using your hands, try to form the
mixture into a ball. If the mixture won't hold together, add a little more honey.
Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll them in powdered sugar. Let them sit for
about 24 hours.