We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 4 thin, bone-in pork chops, loin pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion, 1/3 palmful
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley, rosemary, oregano or marjoram, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
- 4 medium navel or blood oranges
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano or marjoram
- Salt and pepper
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
Preheat oven to 325F.
Season the chops with salt and pepper. Arrange 3 shallow dishes: one with flour, one with the eggs beaten with mustard and one with the breadcrumbs seasoned with cheese, garlic, onion and herbs. Bread the pork first in flour, then the eggs and finally the seasoned breadcrumbs.
Heat a thin layer of oil, 3-4 tablespoons, in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Brown pork chops about 5 minutes, turning once then transfer skillet to oven and cook through, about 10 minutes more.
For the Orange and Red Onion Topping, peel and section the oranges away from section membranes and chop. Combine with onions, parsley and oregano, and season with salt and pepper; dress with olive oil.
Top chops with orange salad and serve.