- 1/2 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped, divided
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound jumbo sweet shrimp, deveined
- Sea salt and pepper and/or Rachaels seafood seasoning
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped oregano or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
Place 1/4 cup EVOO in a shallow dish with half the garlic and chili pepper. Add shrimp and season with seafood seasoning; add salt and pepper if not included in blend. Marinate and chill for 1 hour.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt water.
Heat a skillet with a tight-fitting lid with remaining 1/4 cup EVOO over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and chili, and stir 2-3 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and oregano, cover pan and raise heat a bit. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until tomatoes burst, 10-12 minutes. Mash up tomatoes a bit and add feta, stir to combine reduce heat to low. Season with black pepper to taste.
Cook pasta to al dente. Reserve 1 cup starchy cooking water just before draining.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high heat, add shrimp and cook until pink and firm and brown at edges. Douse pan with vermouth; add butter and melt. Add lemon juice and turn off heat.
Toss pasta with starchy water and sauce for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a platter, Top with the shrimp and remaining sauce.