- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 organic egg yolks
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grapeseed or other mild-flavored oil
- Pinch saffron
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a food processor, mix up the basil, parsley, cheese, pine nuts and garlic with EVOO until paste-like and set aside.
Place the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, pesto, salt and pepper in mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
Use a 1 tablespoon or mini ice cream scoop to portion meat, roll into balls and place onto a baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Meanwhile, whisk up egg yolks, salt and Dijon, and slowly stream in the grapeseed oil while you continue to whisk. Once the mayo emulsifies, you can start to go a bit faster; the mayo will come together in 4-5 minutes. Season with saffron, lemon juice and zest.