Louisiana-Style Hot Skillet Fried Chicken
Chicken Thighs with Louisiana Style Gravy
Nashville-Style Crack Shack Fried Chicken
Tangy Ranch-Style Boneless Fried Chicken
Cast-Iron Skillet Chicken Sicilian Style
How To Make Ranch Fried Chicken Sandwiches with BLT and Overnigh…
Buffalo-Ranch Chicken Cobb Salad
Easy-On-The-Waistline Oven-Fried Chicken
Crunchy Cornmeal Fried Chicken
Crispy Curry Fried Chicken
Skillet Hot Fudge Cake
- Kosher salt, about 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, a palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic or powder, half a palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion, half a palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palmful
- 1 large, whole bone in, skin on, chicken breast, quartered
- 2 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 bone-in, skin on chicken legs
- Frying oil, such as peanut or canola
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Franks RedHot, about 1 teaspoon plus some to pass at table
- About 3 cups flour
- 1 round tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Combine salt, pepper and dry spices. Sprinkle half the mix over chicken pieces then cover and chill overnight or several hours. Bring back to room temp to cook.
Heat an inch of oil in large cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat to 350F.
Whisk buttermilk with egg. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Pour flour into a shallow dish and mix with remaining spice blend, cornstarch, and baking powder.
Coat 4 pieces in buttermilk dressing then flour mix and fry 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on a wire rack arranged over baking sheet while you fry second batch. Serve with hot sauce and honey for topping.