- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 slices white or brioche bread
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced ham
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced turkey
Preheat waffle iron to medium heat.
In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
Brush waffle maker melted butter. Build sandwiches: once slice of bread, some cheese, a slice of ham, a slice of turkey, more cheese and another piece of bread. Turn sandwiches in batter and place in waffle iron. Close waffle iron and cook 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with an arugula salad alongside.