Originally aired February 10, 2012
- 2 pounds large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 2-pound brisket, first or second cut or top of the rib
- 1 tablespoon each salt, pepper paprika for the dry rub
- 1 cup water
- 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
Preheat oven to 500F.
Place onions and garlic in bottom of foil pan. Rub salt, pepper and paprika on both sides of meat. Place meat on top of onions and garlic.
Sear meat on both sides in oven until brown.
After meat is seared, add water and lower oven to 375F. Continue cooking for about 1 hour.
After an hour, add red potatoes to meat and cook meat and potatoes until tender. Remove meat and potatoes from foil pan and cool.
Pure onion and garlic mixture.
When brisket is cool, slice and return to foil pan. Reassemble meat, gravy and potatoes and heat for dinner. If more gravy is desired, add a little more water.
Plate it up, and enjoy!