Tribute to In-N-Out’s Double-Decker Animal® Style Burger
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
At-Home Resistance Band Workout That Mimics Gym Exercise Machine…
Save vs. Splurge: Trendy Loungewear For 2021
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
How To Make Simple Fish and Tomato Stew | Rachael Ray
How To Make Rach's Spanakopi-tata | Greek-Inspired Frittata | Br…
Shark Tank’s Daymond John On Nailing a Job Interview + Rachael's…
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
Hilarious Exchange Between Rach & John About What They Ate On Fi…
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 round tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup beef consomm or beef stock
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup Dijon or grainy Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Swiss cheese or Comt
- Sliced bread and butter pickles
- Sliced tomato
- Chopped lettuce
- Brioche or other hamburger buns, split
Mix sour cream with vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in ketchup and relish, and reserve.
For the onions, heat EVOO, a couple of turns of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook to light brown, 15 minutes, add stock and cook 10-15 minutes more until very soft and tender.
Combine beef with garlic, Worcestershire, parsley, Kosher salt (specifically Kosher salt gives meat a good crust) and pepper. Form 8 4-ounce, thin patties. Drizzle with EVOO to coat lightly then sprinkle with a little extra salt. Top each patty with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or grainy Dijon.
Heat a large griddle pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties, mustard side up, 4 minutes, flip and cook 2-3 minutes more. Melt cheese over patties in the last minute or 2 of cook time.
Stack 2 patties with onions between them on buns and top with pickles, tomato, lettuce and special sauce. Set bun top in place.