Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
Rach's One-Pan Roast Chicken Dinner + Amanda Freitag's Honey-Gla…
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo (fresh), about 1 pound, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin, half a palmful
- 1/2 tablespoon Mexican oregano, half a palmful
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander, half a palmful
- 1 can beef consomm or 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes or fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pured chipotle in adobo for a medium to extra-spicy heat level
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- Wedges of lime
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- Sliced fresh or pickled jalapeo peppers
- Thinly sliced red onions
Preheat oven to 325F.
Pat meat dry and season with salt and pepper. Dredge pieces in flour.
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat with the oil. Add meat and brown in batches until very brown; remove to a plate, add chorizo and brown. Add onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, coriander and let onions soften a few minutes. Add in stock, tomatoes, chipotle pure, honey and reserved meat to the pot. Bring to a boil and transfer to oven. Cook 1 1/2 hours, until very tender.
Serve in shallow bowls with tortillas, lime wedges, queso fresco, jalapeos and onions alongside.