- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cubed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 can beef consomme
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 fresno pepper, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon 5-spice powder
- To serve on top:
- Cooked white rice
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresno pepper, sliced
Place a large skillet over medium heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Season both sides of the chuck with salt and pepper then toss in flour. Sear on all sides until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and place in a slow cooker. Deglaze the skillet with sherry, cook out 1 minute and pour into the slow cooker.
Add garlic, ginger, consomme, peppers, onion, tamari and 5-spice powder into the slow cooker and cover. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until the meat is tender.
Serve with a scoop of rice and top with scallions, sliced Fresnos and slivered almonds.