Originally aired November 14, 2011
- For the Tandoori Chicken Marinade:
- 1/4 cup ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 chicken breasts, each sliced into four strips
- For the Masala Couscous:
- 1 1/2 cups coucous
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Chaat Masala seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- For the Coriander Chutney:
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- For the Roasted Zucchini:
- 3 zucchini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Tandoori Chicken:
Mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken strips and toss with marinade. Let the chicken sit for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
Skewer each strip of chicken on an 8-inch wooden skewer. Grill each skewer over high heat until cooked through. Serve with Coriander Chutney, and Masala Couscous and Roasted Zucchini alongside.
For the Masala Couscous:
In a sauce pan, bring water, salt, butter, raisins and masala to a boil.
Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
Add red pepper, red onion, almonds and fluff with a fork.
For the Coriander Chutney:
Add ingredients to a serving bowl and let sit for at least 20 minutes. Serve alongside Tandoori Chicken.
For the Roasted Zucchini:
Remove the stem end from the zucchini and cut length wise into quarters, yielding four long strips per zucchini. Cut each strip in half and season with oil, salt and pepper. Grill on high for about 7 minutes, rotating them occasionally.