- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast or 4 thin bone-in pork loin chops, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large organic eggs
- 4 round tablespoons Dijon mustard, about 1/3 cup
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 palmful
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
Preheat oven to 350F.
Season the chicken or chops with salt and pepper. Arrange 3 shallow dishes with flour, eggs beaten with mustard and hot sauce, and the breadcrumbs seasoned with garlic, onion and paprika. Bread the chicken or pork chops in the flour, the eggs and then the breadcrumbs.
Heat a thin layer of oil, 3-4 tablespoons, in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Brown chicken or pork chops about 5 minutes, turning once, then transfer to oven and cook though, about 10 minutes more. Serve with hot pickled vegetables alongside.