- 2 starchy potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- A sprinkle of paprika
- 1 cup shredded young Manchego cheese
- A small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 hand-cut pieces of country/peasant bread
- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 grapefruit or oranges, halved and sectioned
- A drizzle of honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 overly ripe tomato, cut in half
- 4 slices Serrano ham
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place potatoes in pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and cook to tender. Drain and mash into a chunky mixture with the chicken stock. Season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of paprika. Keep warm over low heat. When ready to serve, stir in cheese and parsley.
Meanwhile, place bread on a cooling rack set over baking sheet and toast to golden.
Once bread is toasted, remove and switch broiler on.
Heat pan over medium heat with EVOO, 1 turn of the pan. When ready to serve, fry eggs in oil to desired doneness, up or over-easy. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, broil grapefruits or oranges dressed with a drizzle of honey and cinnamon to heat and char at edges, a couple of minutes.
Rub the garlic into the toasted bread. Rub the tomato halves into each piece of bread. Drizzle them with a little EVOO and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Serve toast topped with some potatoes, an egg and a slice of Serrano ham. Serve a piece of broiled citrus fruit alongside.