7-Hour Smoked Brisket
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Jennifer Tilly on Her Chucky Character Never Aging: "It's Really…
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
- For the spice rub:
- 1/4 cup smoked sea salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper or cayenne
- 1 8-pound brisket with a very thin layer of fat on top
- 1 red onion, grated
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup lager-style beer at room temperature
- For the sandwiches: 8 seeded sourdough rolls, such as Amy's, split
- Oscars XXX extra-sharp cheddar, coarsely grated
- For RR Smoky Beef BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark amber maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/3 palmful
- Coarse black pepper
- For the Horseradish Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced chives
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared white horseradish
Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl. Generously coat brisket with lots of black pepper on all sides then the spice rub, massaging the spices into the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight in the fridge.
Preheat a smoker to around 250F and set up for cooking over indirect heat by placing coals and wood chips to one side. Place brisket on the other side and cook fat side up for 4 hours.
Pull the meat off and slather with the grated onion. Using a double layer of foil, create a pouch/packet for the brisket. Add apple juice and beer and tightly seal the foil.
Place back in the smoker for another 2 hours, adding a handful of chips and 12 or so coals. After 2 hours, open the lid and let the brisket sit in the packet for another hour.
Combine all ingredients for RR Smoky Beef BBQ Sauce in a small sauce pot and cook over a low bubble for 15-20 minutes. Reserve.
Stir ingredients for the Horseradish Sauce together in a small bowl to combine. Reserve.
To serve, thinly slice the brisket on a large cutting board. Add some RR Smoky Beef BBQ Sauce and give everything a rough chop to combine.
Assemble sammies by placing a pile of brisket on a roll bottom. Add a sprinkle of cheese, then some Red Cabbage Slaw. Slather the roll tops with horseradish sauce and replace tops.
Red Cabbage Slaw
1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
1/2 red onion, grated
1 Granny Smith apple, grated
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
Mix together to combine.