- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely minced, or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed of root ends and cut into 2-inch pieces on an angle
- 1/3 cup dry sherry (eyeball it)
- 1/3 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce) or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
Place a large pot of water over high heat for the noodles. Once boiling, add some salt and the noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain thoroughly.
Arrange the chicken pieces in a roasting pan and season with salt, pepper and ginger. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the oil over the chicken. Roast the chicken, turning the pieces occasionally, until the juices run clear and the skin is golden brown, 45-50 minutes.
In a small bowl, add the orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar, chicken stock and rosemary. Stir to combine and set aside. During the last 10 minutes of cooktime, brush the chicken with the orange glaze.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining vegetable oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the red pepper and broccoli and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the scallions, sherry, Tamari (eyeball it), sugar and sesame oil; bring up to a bubble and simmer for 1 minute.
Add the drained noodles to the skillet and toss to combine. To serve, place two pieces of chicken on each plate and top with any remaining glaze. Add some noodles to the plate and sprinkle with some of the toasted sesame seeds.