- 1 cup (7 ounces) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle puree
- 1 cup tomato puree, canned
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5-6 limes)
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 4 6-8 ounces each boneless chicken breasts, with or without skin, sliced horizontally
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved marinade
- 4 each tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1 can (21 ounces) BUSH'S Texas Ranchero Grillin Beans
For Chipotle Puree: In blender or food processor, puree peppers. Set aside. (Store extra chipotle puree in refrigerator for up to three weeks. Puree is a great way to add a quick blast of smoky heat to salsas, sauces and eggs.)
For Marinade: In large bowl mix together chipotle puree, tomato puree, lime juice, cumin, coriander and honey. Remove 1/2 cup of marinade and set aside in small bowl. Refrigerate for later use.
For Chicken Breasts: Place chicken in marinade, turn to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight.
Remove chicken from bowl and wipe off excess marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium-high heat. When grill is hot, using tongs, place chicken on grill and cook with grill lid open until marked and golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Reduce grill temperature to medium heat. With basting brush, coat both sides of chicken with reserved marinade and discard any remaining marinade. Wrap chicken in foil and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes per side.
Grill tortillas until warm/marked on both sides. Set aside.
Remove chicken from grill when juices run clear or internal temperature reaches 170F. Place chicken on grilled tortillas and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with BUSHS Texas Ranchero Grillin Beans.