Makes 9 large brownies - split one and save half the calories!
Originally aired May 16, 2011
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
Spray a 9x9 square dish with cooking spray and set aside. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Transfer hot butter to a large glass bowl. Whisk in agave, applesauce, sugar, canola oil and vanilla. Whisk eggs one at a time. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Transfer mixture to a prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean from the center. Cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into squares.