- 4 to 6 slices ciabatta bread about 1/2-inch thick or any other kind of crusty bread
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and pepper
Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle or brush both sides of the bread with a little oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Transfer to the grill and toast on both sides until well-marked. Remove and reserve.
While the bread is grilling, heat a 12-inch skillet with enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil starts to ripple, add tomatoes, garlic and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook, shaking the pan every now and then, until the tomatoes start to collapse and burst at the skins, about 4-5 minutes.
Remove skillet from the heat and add the basil and oregano, and toss to combine. Top grilled bread with tomato mixture. Using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese and top the tomatoes with the cheese.