Fresh Tuna French-Style Cheeseburgers
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna steak, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence, 2/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen or ground fennel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed, half a palmful
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices Gruyre cheese or 1 cup packed shredded Gruyre
- Celery leaves
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves
- A small handful of torn basil or tarragon leaves
- 1/2-inch thick slices of ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard or Dijonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonpareil capers or chopped capers
- Sliced or chopped cornichons
- Brioche buns, split
In a small skillet over medium heat, saut shallots and garlic in a little EVOO to soften. Cool completely.
Place tuna in food processor and pulse into coarse ground meat. Place tuna in a bowl and add shallots and garlic, Herbes de Provence, fennel, celery seed, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties and reheat skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of EVOO. Add tuna burgers to the pan and cook 3 minutes on each side for pink centers and 5-6 minutes to cook through. Top patties with cheese after they are flipped, loosely tent pan with foil to melt cheese.
Combine Dijon or Dijonaise with capers in a small bowl.
Place cheeseburgers on bun bottoms and top with a mixture of celery, parsley and basil or tarragon leaves, sliced cornichons and tomatoes, and slather tops with Dijon or Dijonnaise. Set bun tops in place and serve.