- 1 large pink or ruby grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Using a sharp knife, cut the top and bottom of the grapefruit off and set it upright on a cutting surface. Cut the peel and pith away from the grapefruit to expose the segments. Hold the grapefruit in your hand and carefully slice each segment away from the segment membranes, coarsely chop and transfer them to a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients until combined and set aside until ready to serve.