- 1/2 red small onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 6-ounce can line-caught or Italian tuna
- 1/2 cup Nicoise (oil-cured) or Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped, a small handful
- 2 slices thick-cut brioche bread
Preheat oven to 375F.
Combine onion and juice of lemon in a mixing bowl.
In the same bowl, stir together tomato paste, garlic, Herbes de Provence, pepper and EVOO. Add the tuna, olives, capers, parsley and mix to combine and break up tuna slightly.
Divide the tuna mixture between the two slices of bread, transfer to a baking sheet and top with the cheese. Toast in oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tuna heated through.