- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds (yield 1 cups)
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch cumin
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dusting of smoked paprika
Steam cauliflower 18 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Set aside.
Cook the carrots in the evaporated milk and water, covered, in a medium saucepan, 10-15 minutes or until very soft. Place the carrots and cooking liquid, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice in a blender, and whiz for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and glossy. Add the salt, cayenne, and cumin, and whiz to mix.
Place the cauliflower in a small baking dish. Spoon the carrot sauce over the cauliflower and scatter the Parmesan cheese over the top. Brown under a preheated broiler 4 inches from heat and serve, garnished with a dusting of smoked paprika.