- 1 quart glass Mason jar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 round teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 2 round tablespoons sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or halved
- A few fresh bay leaves
- A small handful of fresh dill
- 1 Fresno pepper
- ¼ red onion, chopped or sliced
- A few black peppercorns
- 1 ½ teaspoons mustard seed, half a palmful
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander seeds, half a palmful
- 4 large Kirby cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
In a medium sized saucepot, bring vinegar and water to a boil. Dissolve salt and sugar and remove from heat.
In a mason jar, layer in garlic, bay leaves, dill, Fresno, red onion, peppercorns, mustard seed, coriander seed, and cucumbers. Top with hot brine and refrigerate for at least 24 hours or up to a few weeks.