- 12 oz sweet biscuits finely crushed
- 5 oz melted unsalted butter
- 1lb caramelised condensed milk OR Dulce de leche
- 3 large bananas, thinly sliced
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- Chocolate for decorating
Combine the crushed biscuits with the melted butter.
Press into an 8 flan ring or pie plate.
When well chilled and firm, spoon the caramel into the base of the pie crust.
Drizzle the banana slices with the juice of a lemon.
Lay the bananas on top of the caramel.
Whisk the cream until it is in soft peaks.
Mix in the sugar and coffee powder.
Spread cream over the banana and top with either chocolate shavings or chocolate powder.
Best eaten within 24 hours as otherwise it may go rather soggy!