Confetti Shrimp with Greens Grits
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 bundle dinosaur, Tuscan or black kale or other dark, leafy green, stemmed and shredded
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 small chili pepper, red Fresno or jalapeo, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup drained sweet peppadew peppers (small pickled peppers), finely diced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon, a scant palmful, smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon, a scant palmful, ground coriander
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 orange or lemon
- 1 cup white or golden beer, such as Blue Moon
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 2 tablespoons honey
In a saucepot, bring water to a low boil.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO over medium-high heat in a saut pan. Add kale and wilt, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Reduce heat to low.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon EVOO in another skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook to tender crisp, 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Pat shrimp dry, season with salt, pepper, paprika and coriander. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon EVOO to the skillet, half a turn over high heat. Add shrimp and toss 3-4 minutes until firm and blackened at edges. Add hot sauce then douse pan with orange juice and beer. Add vegetables back to pan, reduce heat and add 2 tablespoons butter. Keep warm and bubbling over low heat.
Add milk to the saucepot with the water and raise heat. Whisk in polenta until it thickens, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stir in honey and melt in a tablespoon of butter.
Serve polenta in shallow bowls and top with some greens and a pile of confetti shrimp.