- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cups celery, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 cups cauliflower (2 large heads), chopped in 1 pieces
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 3 cube of Pecorino Romano cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Crumbled bacon and fresh herbs for garnish
- White Truffle oil for drizzling on top
Saut bacon in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown; set aside a few pieces to crumble as garnish.
Add onion, celery and garlic. Cover; cook until veggies are soft, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
Add cauliflower, broth, and cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
Puree soup in batches in a blender.
Return to pan, add cream; let soup simmer. Thin with more broth if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into bowls; top with cheese shavings, bacon, any fresh herbs (like tarragon), and a tiny drizzle of truffle oil a little goes a long way.