- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes, 1/3 palmful
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, eyeball it
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 turns of the pan
Mix chicken with garlic, parsley, cheese, fennel seeds, chili pepper and salt.
Form 6 large, thin patties, 4 to 5 inches in diameter, or 12 small patties, 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
Preheat a large, nonstick skillet with EVOO over medium to medium-high heat. Fry sausage patties, 3 or 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.