French Dip Brisket
French Onion French Dip Sammies with Roasted Garlic Au Jus
French Onion Dip Burgers
Coffin Bread with French Onion Dip
How To Make French Onion Dip Mashed Potatoes By Rachael
French-Style Tuna Melt
How To Make Basic Cast-Iron Brisket By Rachael
French Onion Soup French Dip
How To Make Brisket Ragu with Rigatoni By Rachael
French Onion Dip Pizza
French Onion Burger with French Oven Gravy Fries
- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 3-pound beef brisket
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 box or 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 loaf bread, cut into 4-inch sections, split and toasted
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Place a large skillet over medium heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and reserve on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Return the skillet to medium-high heat with the bacon fat. Season both sides of the brisket with salt and pepper, and sear on all sides until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
While the meat is searing, add the reserved bacon, onion, garlic, bay leaf, mushrooms, beef stock or broth, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and honey to the crock of a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Add the seared meat to the pot and cover. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 7-8 hours until the meat is tender.
Thinly slice the brisket. To serve, dunk bread into sauce, and top with brisket, Swiss cheese, cooked veggies, more juice, and parsley.