- 2 pounds ground turkey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 vine ripe yellow or orange tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of sugar
- 2 baby Japanese eggplant
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 1 small red onion
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, whites and greens finely chopped
- A handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- A small handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup curry powder (or mix your own curry blend with 1 rounded tablespoon each ground cumin and coriander, 2 tablespoons turmeric, and 1 teaspoons each ground cardamom and cayenne)
- 12 slider rolls
- Mango chutney
Arrange a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 300F.
Season tomatoes with salt, pepper and a light sprinkle of sugar. Roast tomatoes 45 minutes to 1 hour, until caramelized. Remove tomatoes to a plate and reserve. Raise the oven temp to 450F.
Cut tops and trim bottom of eggplant. Cut into slices 1/2-inch thick, brush with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes, remove and cool.
Slice red onion into thin rings and dress with lime juice, a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place turkey in bowl and grate ginger overr bowl. Add garlic, scallions, cilantro, mint, salt, pepper and curry spices; mix to combine. To test spice level, make a tiny patty the size of a quarter and cook it up. Taste it to adjust seasonings then form 12 slider-size patties, drizzle burgers with EVOO and cook on a grill, griddle pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Arrange slider bottoms on a platter and top with the patties. Top burgers with oven-dried tomatoes, roasted eggplant, onion rings and some mango chutney. Set bun tops in place with a small dollop of yogurt, if using.