- 8 (-inch-thick) slices center-cut bacon
- 10 tablespoons (1 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 (1-inch-thick) slices Pullman bread
- 12 ounces really good Brie, thinly sliced with a serrated knife
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced inch thick
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, such as Bcheron, cut into 8 slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the bacon in a large skillet or on a griddle and cook, flipping it once, over medium heat until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate. Break each piece in half and set aside.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip over 4 of the bread slices
Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip over 4 of the bread slices and layer each with 3 to 4 slices of Brie, 2 green tomato slices, 2 slices of goat cheese, and 4 slices of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Place the remaining bread slices on top, butter side up, and cook on the griddle until the bottom is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich over, cover with a heatproof bowl (to melt the cheese), and continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown and the Brie has melted, 3 to 4 minutes.