- 4 large corn muffins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups turkey stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the cornbread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden in color and slightly dried out, about 15-20 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook 5 minutes until golden and crispy. Add the onion and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Add the toasted cornbread cubes, parsley and stock to the bowl and gently mix. (use your hands if you like -- its fun!). The mixture should be moist but not soggy; add a little more stock if you like your stuffing wetter.
Season the stuffing with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Place in a 9x13" buttered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. (To keep the stuffing moist; cover the top loosely with foil while it bakes.)