- For the crust:
- 1 3/4 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- For the filling:
- 1 .25-ounce package unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
For the crust: Preheat oven 325F. Combine cookie crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter in a 9-inch pie pan. Press into sides. Bake for 7 minutes. Cool completely.
For the filling: In a heavy saucepan, combine gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Stir in condensed milk and beaten eggs, mixing well. Let stand one minute, then place on burner over low heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes, or until gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
After ingredients have been stirred and taken off the stove, stir in pumpkin, mixing thoroughly, and pour mixture into gingersnap crust. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Top with whipped cream.