- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into bite-sized cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems and chopped
- 1 bag Jimmy Dean Hearty Sausage Crumbles, Hot or Original whichever you prefer
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 pizza doughs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon sea salt or any coarse ground salt
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large saut pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 turns of the pan of EVOO. Add squash and saut, about 5 minutes or until golden brown and slightly tender. Add onion and thyme to the pan, and season with salt and ground black pepper. Saut about 2 minutes more until onions are translucent. Turn off heat and stir in dried cranberries. Let cool a few minutes.
On a floured surface, roll out one pizza dough to 13x10. With the short side closest to you, score the dough vertically into thirds. Cut left and right sides into flaps on a diagonal, keeping them attached to the center section, all the way down the pizza dough. Scoop half of the pumpkin sausage mixture evenly into the center of the dough. Alternating right and left sides, weave each strip of the dough across the filling until each strip is tucked in and all the filling is covered. Repeat with the other dough.
Gently brush the beaten egg over both doughs. Sprinkle them evenly with caraway seeds and sea salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown all over. Cool a few minutes before slicing then serve.