- 1 cup torn pieces of stale, good quality white bread, packed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 pound ground pork
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- Freshly grated nutmeg, about 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 egg
- A generous handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a generous drizzle
In a small bowl, soak bread pieces in milk to soften.
Place meats in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cheese. Squeeze excess liquid from the bread pieces and crumble them into the bowl. Add nutmeg, egg, parsley and olive oil, and mix well to combine. Form balls according to method of choice for Rachael's Mini Meatball Dumplings, Meatball Sliders, or Roasted Entre Meatballs.