- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 ribs celery, very finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated or very finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated or very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 rounded tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Franks Red Hot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 pound blue cheese, crumbled
- Splash of milk or cream
- Chopped lettuce or spicy watercress, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 12 whole wheat slider-size buns or sliced brioche dinner rolls
- Carrot and celery sticks, for garnish
Heat EVOO in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrot, onions, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook to tender-crisp, 7-8 minutes. Let cool.
Place the cooled vegetables and meat in a bowl. Season with Old Bay, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix and form 12 patties and drizzle each with EVOO. Heat cast-iron or other griddle or grill pan.
Combine sour cream, blue cheese, splash of milk or cream in a small bowl.
Add burgers to the hot pan and cook 4 minutes on each side. Then, pile on buns with lettuce or cress, a dollop of blue cheese topping and garnish with chives. Serve with carrot and celery sticks alongside.