- 4 pork chops, bone-in, 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine or chicken stock
Place chops on a plate. Combine fennel, red pepper flakes, granulated garlic, onion and paprika. Season chops with salt and pepper and rub generously with spice mix.
Heat a cast-iron skillet and a second skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of EVOO to each pan. Cook chops 5-6 minutes on each side in cast-iron skillet.
While chops cook, saut peppers and onions seasoned with salt and pepper 6 to 7 minutes in the second skillet. Then add garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Add tomato paste and stir 1 minute, then add stock or wine and toss a minute more.
Serve peppers and onions on top of chops.