- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1-inch knob ginger, peeled
- 2 racks spareribs, cut in half as needed to fit in crock pot
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce or Kara's Southern-Style Spare Ribs Barbecue Sauce, for basting plus extra for dipping
In medium bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, hot sauce and chili sauce.
Add the ribs and ginger to the crock of a slow cooker and top with the sauce, turning them to coat. Cover the crock and cook on low for 4 hours until the meat is tender.
Remove the ribs from slow cooker, discarding liquid and the ginger, and reserve or chill the meat for later use.
When ready to serve, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place the spareribs on the grill and heat up, basting frequently on both sides with barbecue sauce.
To serve, portion the ribs by cutting them into individual pieces between each rib bone. Serve with extra sauce for dipping if you want.