- 4 filets of salmon, skin removed
- Salt and pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 large or 2 small bundles upland cress or watercress
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- 1 ear of corn, kernels scraped from cob
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped or 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- A couple of tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- A few dashes hot sauce
- 1 cup couscous
Season the fish with salt, pepper, Old Bay and smoked sweet paprika. Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a shallow nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, cook fish a few minutes on each side until just cooked through or a bit pink at the center; you can gauge doneness very simply by looking at the side of the filets as they cook.
Meanwhile, dress watercress with lemon juice and a little EVOO, then season with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a saucepot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook to crisp, then add corn and peppers and scallions or onion and stir 2-3 minutes to tender-crisp. Add stock, dill and hot sauce and bring to a boil. Add couscous and turn off heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Top the fish with watercress salad. Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve along side the fish.