- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- A generous handful of sweet basil, shredded or torn
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or ground veal
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme for chicken or sage for veal
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, a handful
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- A small handful of flat-leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 ball or bundle of Burata or 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- A couple of generous handfuls of baby arugula
- 8 slider rolls, such as brioche dinner rolls (softer roll) or ciabatta rolls (super crusty rolls), split
In a small pot with tight fitting lid heat EVOO, a couple of turns of the pot, over medium heat, add garlic and stir 2 minutes then add tomatoes and cover pot, raise heat a bit and cook tomatoes, shaking the pot occasionally, until tomatoes burst, 8-10 minutes. Mash up sauce with wooden spoon and season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Thicken, uncovered for 2-3 minutes, then stir in basil leaves and turn off heat.
Meanwhile, season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper or veal with sage, salt and pepper. In a separate dish, combine breadcrumbs with sesame seeds and parm cheese, parsley. Form 8 small patties 3 inches wide and coat in breadcrumbs, gently pressing patties into crumbs to make them stick. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, shallow non-stick skillet or on a non-stick griddle plan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook patties to golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
Place a spoonful of soft burata or ricotta on bun bottom. Drizzle cheese with a touch of EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Top soft cheese with a few leaves of arugula, then the patties, then some sauce and bun tops.