Vidalia Bullseye Patties
Rachael's Green Garlic Burgers with Mild Provolone and Balsamic …
French Onion Patty Melts
Club Burger Sliders with Avocado Ranch Dressing
How To Make Turkey Cheeseburgers with Bacon & Apple-Onion Relish…
Maple Dijon Bacon Burger
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
How To Make Onion Ring Burgers & Ranch-Dusted Oven Fries By Rach…
How To Make a Mushroom-Swiss Burger By Rachael
How To Make Southwestern Turkey Sliders By Emeril Lagasse
How To Make Stacked Rib Eye Burgers With Horseradish Sauce And C…
- 4 thick cut slices of Vidalia onion, or other sweet, large onions, about 1-inch thick
- 4 small bamboo skewers or long toothpicks
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (choose chuck for buttery burgers or sirloin for leaner patties)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 4 slices good quality Swiss cheese
- 4 slices good quality white bread, toasted and lightly buttered
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Secure onions with toothpicks so they stay intact when flipped. Dress onions with EVOO, salt and pepper and add to hot pan; caramelize onions for 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
While onions cook, place meat in a bowl and mix with Worcestershire, mustard, salt, pepper and grated onion grate onion directly over the meat so that it catches all the juice.
Remove the onions from the skillet and drizzle a little more oil into the pan and wipe it around with a paper towel. When the pan smokes, add meat in 4 mounds, press mounds down with spatula and cook 4 minutes until brown and crisp. Flip and press again, caramelize the second side. Fold the cheese to fit the patties and cover pan with loose foil for a minute to melt the cheese, remove pan from heat.
Place patties on buttered toast and top with Vidalia onion bullseyes. Eat these knife and fork burgers with a side of spiced up oven fries and some oil and vinegar slaw salad on side.