Salmon Niçoise Salad
Detox Kale Salad
The Perfect Caesar Salad
Grilled Caesar Salad with Poached Eggs
Salmon en Croute
Fried Goat Cheese Salad
Chicken Caesar Salad-Stuffed Garlic Bread
Angie Harmon's Teriyaki Salmon with Jasmine Rice and Roasted Bro…
Bacon and Blue Caesar Salad
Rachael's Za'atar Chicken Salad and Charred Pita
Warm Greek Salad with Sliced Steak
- 1 large shallot, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence, half a palmful
- About 1/3 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a drizzle
- Salt and pepper
- For the toppings:
- 1/2 pound thin green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- Nicoise olives, for garnish
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced or quartered
- 4 filets salmon, skin-off
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced
Grate shallot and garlic into a bowl. Add Dijon, Worcestershire, tomato paste and warm water, and whisk. Add vinegar and herbes then stream in about 1/3 cup EVOO while whisking to emulsify dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Prep your toppings; you can make them at home or buy them at a large salad bar already prepped for you.
Season salmon with salt and pepper and thyme leaves. Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more for rare and up to 4 minutes more to cook all the way through. Douse fish with lemon juice and remove from heat.
Combine shredded romaine, endive and frise in a serving bowl. Dress the greens with salad dressing and adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange dressed greens on plates and top each with a salmon filet, a few green beans, a couple of halved cherry tomatoes, egg, some olives and sliced radishes.