Originally aired March 23, 2010
- 2 Asian pears, peeled
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In mixing bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, and curry powder until combined; season with salt and pepper. Cut the pear into long, thin matchstick pieces and toss in the vinaigrette until coated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving to allow the pears to absorb the curry dressing.