- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated onion from 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 pound corned beef, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil or vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 4 baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 pound sack sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slider rolls or party-size rye bread slices, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In a mixing bowl, combine beef, salt, pepper and grated onion. Place corned beef in a food processor and pulse to grind it up. Add to the beef along with mustard and mix well with your hand. Form 12 small 3-inch patties and coat them lightly with a drizzle of oil.
Meanwhile, heat a liberal drizzle of EVOO or vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook 5-6 minutes. Add sauerkraut and stir. Add beer and simmer 5 minutes more.
Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties 3 minutes on each side. Cut or fold the Swiss cheese slices to fit the burgers and melt over burgers under a tin foil tent.
Pile patties on slider rolls and top with the potato-kraut. In a small bowl, stir together the relish, ketchup, Worcestershire and sour cream. Dollop a generous spoonful of sauce on each slider then set the bun tops or toasts on top.