Chicken and Biscuit Sliders with Smoky Chard Slaw
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
- 8 buttermilk biscuits (make them from scratch, make them from a store-bought buttermilk biscuit mix or use good quality, store-bought buttermilk biscuits), warmed and split
- 8 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, trimmed into 3- to 4-ounce pieces to fit biscuits
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped then mashed into paste
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder, a couple of palmfuls
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika or smoked sweet paprika, a palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger, half a palmful
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/3 palmful
- Vegetable or any light frying oil, plus additional
- 4 slices smoky, thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 bundle Swiss chard, stemmed, cleaned, dried and shredded
- 2 tablespoons cider or wine vinegar
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Honey, for drizzling
- Hot sauce, for garnish
If you're making your own biscuits or baking off a mix, prepare the drop biscuits you need a 3- to 4-inch biscuit.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix sour cream with chives and garlic. Coat the chicken in sour cream mix.
Place flour, mustard, poultry seasoning, onion powder, paprika, ginger and cayenne in a paper sack.
Heat a couple of inches of oil in a heavy pot over medium to medium-high heat. The oil is ready for frying when bubbles pour out rapidly from the inserted handle of a wooden spoon.
Meanwhile, add a drizzle of oil to a skillet with a tight-fitting lid. With the lid off, heat oil over medium-high heat then add the bacon. When it's crisp, about 3 minutes, add shredded chard and toss to wilt. Add vinegar; season with pepper and a few grates of nutmeg. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook 8-10 minutes and turn off heat.
Add chicken to flour and seasonings in the paper sack, roll the top down and shake bag. Shake any excess flour off the chicken pieces and add to the hot frying oil. Fry chicken thighs 7-8 minutes, until deeply golden. Remove from frying oil with spider or tongs and cool on a cooling rack.
Dress chicken with a drizzle of honey and a few dashes of hot sauce on each piece. To serve, place chicken on biscuit bottoms, top with greens and biscuit tops.