- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground marjoram or oregano, half a palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, half a palmful
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, a handful, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lime
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices good quality white bread, toasted
- Butter, for toast
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill relish
- 1/4 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound slaw salad mix
- Plantain chips
Preheat broiler and place a rack in the center of the oven.
Combine meat with herbs, spices, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties, making them thinner at center.
Heat EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 5 minutes on first side, flip and cook 2 minutes, squeeze lime over burgers, then top with cheese. Tent the pan with foil to melt the cheese in last minute of cook time.
While the patties cook, toast the bread on each side under the broiler then butter them lightly.
Combine mustard with relish and honey. Whisk in vegetable oil and toss with slaw salad to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve Palomilla burgers on toast, cut on a diagonal, with slaw salad and plantain chips alongside.