We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, a couple of pinches
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 chicken thighs or legs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup broken, thin spaghetti pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 pound Spanish chorizo, casing removed and cut into small dice
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup diced pequillo peppers or chopped pimientos
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined or mussels, scrubbed
In a medium pot heat the stock and saffron.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan. Add chicken to hot oil and season with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on both sides, then remove.
Reduce the heat on pan to medium. Stir in pasta, brown 2 minutes and then stir in onions. Stir for 2 minutes then add garlic and chorizo, stir 2 minutes more. Stir in rice then add thyme and 3/4 of the warm stock. Slide chicken back into pan with the peppers.
Cook 15 minutes then add seafood and cover with foil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove foil then add the peas and cook for 5 minutes, to heat the peas and crisp up the rice.