- 8 thin boneless pork loin chops, 1 1/2 pounds
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large eggs
- 4 small ribs of celery from the heart
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- 1/2 seedless cucumber or 2 to 3 kirby cucumbers, chopped
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 2 lemons
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying plus 1 tablespoon
Preheat oven to 250F.
Pound out pork loin chops between plastic to 1/8-inch thick. Season the chops liberally with salt and pepper.
Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet and place in oven. Arrange 3 shallow dishes. Place about a cup of flour on first plate to dredge the chops. Beat eggs with a splash of water in second dish.
Chop the greens off the top of the celery and add them to food processor with breadcrumbs, half the parsley, and cheese and pulse chop to combine. Pour the breadcrumb mixture into the third dish.
Chop the celery and combine with diced cucumbers, chopped tomatoes, red onion, parsley, juice of 1/2 lemon, about 1 tablespoon EVOO and salt and pepper to taste. Cut remaining lemon into wedges.
Heat a thin layer of EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chops with salt and pepper, then coat them in flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mixture. Fry in 2 batches until deep golden in color, 3-4 minutes on each side. Keep chops crisp in oven and repeat.
Serve chops with relish on top and wedges of lemon.