- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Frying oil
- Large brown paper sack
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dried dill, eyeball it
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion, a couple of palmfuls
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic, a couple of palmfuls
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, 2/3 palmful
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A handful of chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Combine buttermilk and yogurt in bowl. Cut chicken breast pieces in half across the breast at widest part. Season all of the chicken pieces liberally with salt and pepper, and submerge them in the buttermilk-yogurt mixture.
In a heavy pot over medium heat, heat a couple of inches of frying oil until small bubbles appear in a rapid stream when a wooden utensil handle is placed in the oil.
In a large paper sack, combine the flour with dill, dried onion and garlic, cayenne, parsley and chives. Add half the chicken to the bag, roll up the top of the bag and shake to coat. Add floured chicken to oil and add the remaining chicken pieces to flour. Fry chicken 8-10 minutes, until deeply golden and cooked through. Serve with wedges of lemon.